Friday, March 13, 2009

Overboard


"Overboard," by Sarah Weeks is the tale of mischievous baby bunny who with his accomplice mouse creates all sorts of havoc around the house. This book crossed my path by way of my baby daughter who almost flew out of my arms to grab it off the shelf and once we brought home we must have read it at least twenty times.

Overboard is a fantastic rhythmic story that would be great to read in a toddler time. I believe I have read it with success in a preschool story time as well. The illustrations are excellent (done by Sam Williams) with each page capturing the attention of the children. Some story time themes that lend themselves well to this book are bed time, rabbits, mischief and babies.

Overboard is also a great choice for parents who just want to read a fun book with their children.
It is also a great choice for beginning readers who will delight in its perfect word count and silly verses.

No comments:

Post a Comment